March 19, 2012

Where did this guy go?

Gratuitous baby pic of Me
Where has the author for the blog Almost Not Catholic gone? Have you added him to your reader or feedburner and wondered why you made that mistake? It's five more days until the blog's 1 year birthday, and you would think he would write more. Come on already!

I know that I haven't been blogging much. Partly, it is due to the fact that I shaved off my beard.

the good ol' days: avec beard
With my beard, I have much inspiration. Without my beard...not so much. Okay, also there is this Lent thing whereby I tell myself to stay away from the blog. So, maybe I will have more to write soon enough. I will say that I currently have 3 posts almost ready to publish. (see how the "almost" thing works) I also hope to do some more reflections on Catholic theology. I like those. Sometime I get tired of saying:

"Dear friend in Christ. I, John. Q. Catholic, do not worship statues, Mary, or ____________. I worship God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Please leave your message after the tone"

But, but but...

"Dear friend in Christ. I, John Q. Catholic, do not worship..."

But, but, but...

You see how this goes. Taxing. Tiresome. Redundant. Obvious.

So, for the benefit of this blogger and anyone who is still reading, what is something God has been teaching you this Lent? Please share and bless all of us with a very important aspect of apologetics: personal testimony.