I am working on a larger version of this post (
in-between battling all manner of illness, working my tail off, and enjoying college football season and a really cute two month old), but I wanted to leave you a small tidbit to think about. One of the central tenants of Protestantism is that the Bible deserves to be with the people. It is the common man's Book. This little meme is meant to contravene certain clerical notions of Catholicism. The short question I have for my Protestant friends, is where is their St. Theresa of Avila?
Seriously. I have recently become aware of the fact that all "leaders" of the Protestant faith are trained theologians. Even groups that use to disavow education now proudly announce their academic credentials. Then there is St. Theresa of Avila.
"We Prots believe the Bible is for the everyday man!" - Dr. Albert Fisher, Dean of the School of Theology
Enters St. Theresa of Avila.
Awkward moment.