The show is over (EWTN). The evidence is out there. I can no longer hide. The picture on this blog is, in fact, me. This Friday, I have decided to enter the world--probably for one virgin and solo flight--of the "Quick Take" (instead of the "Top 3 Videos"). I'll admit that I find this attractive since it does not require me to think for an extended period of time. In fact, this post didn't require me to think at all (this week) since I wrote it on the plane ride home from the Journey Home. This "quick take" is a reflection on those experiences:
--1--
| Did I mention debonair? |
--2--
The show(s) went...I told Marcus's son, Jean-Mark, that their ratings would recover the week after my show. Really, I think both shows went really well, and I hope many hearts are drawn into Christ's Church.
--3--
The best part of being on the Journey Home was being on the Journey Home! It's such an important show and if for just one person to put down his or her arms against the Catholic Church, I would have been glad to make the flight to Ohio and back in a little under 24 hours.
--4--
When I travel I always miss my family. It was only 24 hours! So what. I adore my wife, and my kids are my world. Of course, I whipped out pictures of my kids for everyone to see. When it comes to my kids, I'm like a pushy credit-card-deal sales person you meet outside of a sporting event or in an airport terminal. I could care less if you don't want what I'm selling. You will look at my kids and you will acknowledge with some type of facial expression that they are cute and that you are amazed by their intelligence, and did I mention cuteness?
--5--
I enjoyed doing the radio show. Does anyone else want to invite me on a radio show? I'd be happy to oblige. We could talk about anything, like…my kids? No, really. If you find anything interesting in my story and would like to discuss it on your radio show, feel free to contact me via the "Contact Me" in the About Brent tab above, or you can email me at blessedsacrament2010 @ g mail .com
Update: I will be on the Son Rise Morning Show on September 6th at 6:20am to discuss my post on Constantine
--6--
I was reminded about how Catholic the Bible is. Oh yeah, this just in, the Catholic Church decided on the canon of Scripture. Here' s how the ilogic runs: (1) The Catholic Church created a canon and then (2) realized it was such a bad idea because so much that was in it ran contrary to their teachings that they (3) suppressed the reading of it for 1,200 years until (4) Guttenberg, Luther and King James saved us from the Papal totalitarian regime.
(1) Yep
(2) This doesn't even make sense
(3) St. Thomas Aquinas, St. Anselm, Blessed Scotus et al. couldn't see what Luther saw? Every Catholic saint for 1,200 years was duped, ignorant and without the true gospel?
(4) St. Jerome translated the Bible into the vulgar tongue in the 5th century, 1,000 years before Bible ax job
--7--
I still think flying is the most unnatural thing we do as humans. We all pile into a can with wings. We go up so high in the air that if something happened--almost anything--we would all die. Somehow, I'm suppose to be consoled by a little thing that blows up around my neck, and that in some cases may not blow up like it should and therefore will require my can-barely-blow-up-my-kids-balloons aspiration ability to save my life. My other option is to basically rip my chair out of the floor and hold onto it. I have a really bad feeling that a chair between me and the ground won't count for much and that I'm bound to end up looking like the kid whose friend convinced him that belly flopping off the high dive is awesome but a lot worse. (sorry, but I don't have that picture of myself when I was 11)
Thanks Jen for hosting...