Since D-Money Rose, flush to his eye-balls with cash, swimming in Benjamin's, rolling cohibas with $20 bills, had the time to write this in between counting the net income in his IRA and stock options, I thought I would share with you my thoughts.
1. I don't have time.
Seriously, my life is way too busy to have to think about blogging all the time. In fact, I'm getting ready to announce a new "you-may-not-see-me-very-often-at-all" blogging schedule. It's coming. I'm not sure Pathos would like that.
2. The banner ads are creepy
For starters, a top banner ad about a "Swedish" anything is kind of creepy. "Swedish Prophet"? Then there is the "Genesis -- For Normal People" ad which promotes a book which basically assumes that normal folks can't read Genesis for themselves -- they need Biblical scholars to talk down to them. Lastly, I'm not sure about the "ancestry.com" ad. What is that about? Did I miss the ancestry worship portal? Never mind, I just found it (I"m not linking to it because I don't believe in promoting paganism).
3. Apparently, you lose street cred. Which I'll admit, I live for.
No elaboration needed.
4. At the bottom of your post, they link to posts of other non-Catholic blogs.
Nothing like a seeker, stumbling upon a light-hearted post at your blog, only to be wisped away by a link to an article about inner healing through she-god-love-centeredness.
5. They cannot pay me enough.
I know on my last post, I said I would write for Patheos because they pay. Well, please understand that Patheos probably does not have the budget to pay me what I need to get paid. In fact, I know they don't. Plus, I think they pay for clicks or page views and by the looks of my blog, it might take me a couple months to earn enough dough to pay for the internet it took me to write those posts. That's not what they call breaking even.
All that to say, I'm glad we have some rock-solid-bad-arsenic Catholics blogging there. I recommend saying a prayer for them and all of their readers too.
