Since this blog is really only 3 weeks old, but began in haste almost 3 years ago, I realized that I intended to do some "sleeve cover style" book reviews. What I mean, of course, are those nice little blurbs on the back of books that give you a kind of micro-synopsis and that work exceptionally well for marketing purposes. My new friend and fellow convert Brandon Vogt over at his
blog is actually giving away Peter Kreeft's book, "Love is Stronger than Death" which is the topic of my review today.
![]() |
| click to go to Amazon to buy |
"Kreeft's book is somber, bleak, yet prophetically hopeful. Any book with a chapter entitled 'Death as Mother' is bound to intrigue. Though, be prepared. It will plunge you into the depths of despair like a Salinger tail, but unlike
Catcher will raise you from the dead in all the glory of Christ's victory. I suggest reading this book during the day, because ultimately Kreeft is asking us to think about death in bright terms. Death is our friend, but it is only our friend when we look at it in plain view, turning to Christ in His empty tomb, and introspectively returning to ruminate about our own destiny. We are not meant for decay but eternal life and as thus we understand Kreeft's point that
Love is Stronger than Death."