January 3, 2012

Time for Catholic Praise and Worship?

You can read my response to that question at Devin Rose's blog, where he just published my guest post. Here's an excerpt:
I noticed something, and it was disturbing. Very disturbing. You or I may get something out of a “praise and worship” service but what about those who do not? What I mean is that in these experientially oriented services, there are the “silent sufferers” who are afraid they are either spiritually inept or out-right atheists. Why? Because they feel nothing.

Too bad. We like our music.

The Eucharist and the Liturgy is the solution. Why? For starters, it is what Our Lord gave us! At one point in my journey, I was overcome with joy by this truth. Watching a grandmother with a third grade education, a distinguished professor, and field welder, all receive the SAME gift of Our Lord in the Holy Eucharist was overwhelming. This truly is a Church of grace!
Go read the rest on Devin's awesome blog St. Joseph's Vanguard!